change of mind returns
If you wish to return an item because you have changed your mind about your purchase, Kmart will offer you an exchange voucher or refund provided that:
- You return the item within 28 days of purchase;
- You produce your original Kmart register receipt at the time you return the item
- The item is in resaleable condition including that:
- It is in its original packaging, including instruction manuals and all accessories;
- It is unworn, unopened, unused and in its original condition;
- Any sew-in labels are still attached; and
- In the case of computer games, CDs and DVDs the original security seal or shrink wrap is intact
- The product is not one on which a change of mind return is not available (see below).
If these requirements are not satisfied Kmart reserves the right not to offer an exchange voucher or refund for change of mind returns.
goods on which a change of mind return is not available
Kmart will not accept the return of items from the following categories under the change of mind returns policy under any circumstances:
- Cosmetics and fragrances
- Printer cartridges
- Bedding accessories (for example, mattress and pillow protectors)
- Gift cards
These products can still be returned if they are faulty, not fit for purpose or do not match the sample or description.
Kmart will accept product returns and provide you with an exchange voucher, refund or repair where:
- The product is faulty or is not of acceptable quality; or
- The product is not fit for its intended purpose; or
- The product does not match the sample or our description; and
- You can present your Kmart register receipt or other adequate proof of purchase.
Please note, in the case of electrical and electronic products (see definition below), tents and gazebos, BBQs and motorised products Kmart may elect to return the product to the manufacturer's repair agent to determine the nature of the problem. If the product is determined to be faulty, not of merchantable quality, not fit for purpose or not matching a description or sample Kmart will offer a repair, exchange voucher or refund.
If you cannot present your Kmart register receipt or other acceptable proof of purchase Kmart reserves the right not to offer a refund or exchange.
In the case of electrical and electronic products, tents and gazebos, BBQs, and motorised products Kmart will be happy to refer you to the manufacturer's customer service hotline for assistance with operating difficulties or product repairs.
The manufacturer's customer hotline number should be included with the information supplied with your product. For your convenience our manufacturers' customer hotlines are also listed on Kmart's website www.kmart.com.au and available in store.
Where you seek a refund for any item that was purchased as part of a 'deal', Kmart may refund the price in accordance with deal eligibility. No refund will be given on free items and any refund amount may be recalculated if your return results in deal eligibility no longer being met.
If you are experiencing operating difficulties with electrical, electronic or other similar products we recommend you first contact the manufacturer's customer hotline before returning the product. Many operating difficulties can be quickly solved with the right advice.
The manufacturer's customer hotline number should be included with the information supplied with your product. For your convenience our manufacturers' customer hotlines are also listed on Kmart's website www.kmart.co.nz and available in store.
Kmart reserves the right to
Assess the condition and age of returned goods prior to providing a repair, exchange or refund. This may result in a repair, exchange or refund being refused.
- Your original Kmart register receipt is the best form of proof of purchase
- Refunds will be issued using your original payment method
- Refunds will not be provided for the purchase of gift cards. Gift cards are not redeemable for cash.
- Please return any accessories and manuals supplied with product
- Electrical and Electronic products include digital cameras, computers, satellite navigation products, mobile phones, phones, game consoles, game console games and computer games and other software, iPods, MP3 players and downloadable products including iTunes, phone cards and mobile recharge vouchers, ringtones, wallpapers and games).